Author of Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy
Welcome! You've stumbled upon the home of my writing blog. Here's where you'll find info on my writing, the writing process, links to fun/cool/awesome stuff, what's on my mp3 player, my blogroll and how to reach me. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Because you've all been so good and patient...

Thank you guys for all the lovely feedback!  Here's another little snippet for you as a thank you!

-------------------------

     The automated voice stated, “You have two new messages. First new message received Sunday 3:07 a.m.”


     Joss’s voice followed, “Hi. Don’t know if you’re home yet, but since I got your voicemail I’m guessing you didn’t turn the volume back up on your phone.” There was a pause, then, “Yeah. Well, anyway, I just wanted to wish you a good night, er day, um…yeah, sleep well.” He even sounded sexy over the phone. I caught myself licking my teeth.

     The automated voice returned, “Next new message received Sunday 1:43 a.m.”

     Anna’s voice was next, “Hey, where are you? You usually answer right away. At any rate, I don’t think you saw him, but I thought you should know Viktor was at the club right before you left. He saw you with that guy. Who was hot, by the way. I figured you’d want to know. Call me.”

     I erased the messages and plunked down on the side of the bed, closing the phone. The grin that had stolen over my face when I’d heard Joss’s voice had faded as soon as Anna’s message played. Viktor had been at the club. He had seen Joss kiss me. I was so screwed. My vampire boyfriend had seen a human kiss me. This could only end badly.

2 comments:

Rosanne Dingli said...

I like the little but all-important twist at the end. It all fells so normal up to there. It is essential for YA urban myth stories to be written well,like this. Well done.

Lorelei Bell said...

A good tidbit.

like the ending, but also like the licking the teeth thing. Good visual.